FULL XML AUTHORING CAPABILITY
- XMax is embedded within the tools as a document editor window – text can be authored directly in XML and tasks and steps can be synchronized.
- All graphical references are applied directly in the tool. 2D images can be embed and viewed directly in the XML window.
- Support for DITA XML authoring.
- Support for S1000D v4.0 XML authoring.
- Easily configured for customer specific DTD and Schema.
Benefit: Improved authoring process enables the author to write the XML text while simultaneously creating the necessary graphics and synchronizing both.
IMPROVED DATA IMPORT
- There is now a single Rapid Data Conversion module replacing the previous Rapid Data Import Tool_XXX plug-ins and RapidPDF.
- Inventor and Solid Edge plug-ins added to RDC.
Benefit: Continuous improvements in multi-CAD import process.
EXPANDING STANDARDS SUPPORT
- S1000D v4.0 support for IPD in RapidCatalog.
- S1000D v4.0 support for procedures in RapidManual.
Benefit: Continued improvements to workflow and support for customers using the latest standards
IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR 2D/3D IMAGES
- Generation of high resolution print capable 2D raster images of the current 3D view.
- Improvements in CGM generation - WebCGM 2.0 support.
Benefit: Overall performance improvements in 2D/3D illustration generation
AUTHORING PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Ability to customize gallery objects by changing its parameters and then saving back to the gallery.
- New commands 'Activate on All Pages', 'Deactivate on All Pages' in DPL-table for Rapid Catalog.
Benefit: A range of authoring improvements aimed at delivering process and workflow improvements.
IMPROVEMENTS IN PUBLISHED OUTPUT
- New PDF-template for RapidCatalog (interactivity between 3D and Parts List).
Benefit: These capabilities improve the published content and enhance the end-user interface.
WINDOWS 7 (32BIT AND 64BIT) SUPPORT
- 32 bit support for Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). Full 64bit support will be available in a later release.
Benefit: Support for workstation and higher spec machines improves performance.