RapidManual is a tool for fast and easy production of 3D Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, Operating Procedures, and Assembly Work Instructions, whether for operations, service, maintenance or repair.
RapidManual uses animated 3D simulations to communicate complex mechanical procedures. Users can play and pause simulations, rotate, zoom and view assemblies and parts from different angles. 3D product documentation improves information retention, minimizes translation issues, and saves time and money in manufacturing, servicing, and repairs.
RapidManual is a component of RapidAuthor. You can purchase RapidManual as a standalone product.
- Reuse existing CAD data. Download the complete list of supported CAD formats.
- Use templates compliant with ATA2200, S1000D, DITA
- Create 3D animations, 2D illustrations, and descriptions for the procedure steps in a single application
- Attach an existing SGML/XML document that complies with S1000D, DITA, or ATA2200 standards
- Add interactive notes, warnings, and cautions to procedure steps
- Automatically generate 2D illustrations from 3D modules
- Automatically generate relevant text based on the 3D model and chosen actions
- Synchronize the step description with the corresponding animation step
- Invert procedure, for example, automatically create an assembly procedure from an existing disassembly procedure
- Create 3D and 2D magnifiers
- Create and animate cross-sections
- Update 3D geometry, metadata, generated 2D graphics, and procedures when engineering or PLM data change
- Preview manuals and work instructions as PDF or HTML publication
- Concurrent product and documentation development speed time to market
- Better manuals increase revenue opportunities and customer loyalty
- Reusing existing resources cuts costs massively
- Share outputs and reuse the content in downstream processes
- Embed interactive manuals into your web or mobile applications
- Achieve compliance and safety
- Maintenance and support