As a Siemens DISW technology partner, Cortona3D offers a Teamcenter-based solution for technical documentation — RapidAuthor for Teamcenter that enables the generation of technical content directly from product engineering source data in sync with product change processes and schedules.
The integration between RapidAuthor and Teamcenter provides workflow, version control, and relationship management capabilities that link technical publications for products with associated parts in an assembly, with the digital twin.
Documentation can be managed, reviewed, and approved in an integrated workflow. Any technical change of the digital twin is easily identified and can automatically be pushed to the documentation. It provides a mechanism to streamline today’s technical publications processes through the dynamic authoring and update of content directly from the released design and engineering information.
- Reduced costs of technical publications development
- Easy to apply the change in design and product configuration to the technical publications
- Readiness of content for Augmented Reality
- The product documentation is managed in Teamcenter in relation to the product, reducing the risk of incorrect info
- The version of product documentation is connected to the product version throughout the complete product lifecycle
- Configuration of technical documentation without additional cost
- Reduced aftermarket support costs
- More satisfied end-users increased service revenue
- Dedicated support from the Siemens and Cortona3D product teams
I have worked in technical publications for 20 years, and our progress is absolutely phenomenal. Researching the content of maintenance manuals is normally the most important and time-consuming aspect of producing technical documents. With Teamcenter generating accurate content and RapidAuthor for visualization, we dramatically cut our preparation and research time. It has taken 50 percent less time to produce manuals, at a significantly lower cost than previously, and we met our target to provide publications six months before the trains enter operation. We are using the multi-structure manager, content management, and workflow aspects of Teamcenter and they are extremely good at what they do. However, it is the way in which we are using Teamcenter with RapidAuthor that takes our solution to a whole new level.John StrawTechnical publications manager, Siemens Mobility