Seamless integration with Teamcenter
Siemens DISW's technology partner, Cortona3D, offers a Teamcenter-based solution called RapidAuthor for Teamcenter.
This end-to-end solution enables the creation of technical content directly from product engineering source data in sync with product change processes and schedules.
The integration between RapidAuthor and Teamcenter provides workflow, version control, and relationship management capabilities, linking technical publications with associated parts in an assembly and the digital twin. Documentation can be managed, reviewed, and approved in an integrated workflow. Any changes to the digital twin are automatically reflected in the documentation.
This solution streamlines technical publication processes through dynamic authoring and updates of content from released design and engineering information.
Advantages of the Solution
- Reduced development costs for technical publications
- Easy application of design changes and product configurations to technical publications
- Content ready for Augmented Reality
- Product documentation managed in Teamcenter in relation to the product, reducing the risk of incorrect information
- Product documentation version connected to the product version throughout the product lifecycle
- Reduced aftermarket support costs
- Increased end-user satisfaction and service revenue
- Dedicated support from the Siemens and Cortona3D product teams
I have worked in technical publications for 20 years, and our progress is absolutely phenomenal. Researching the content of maintenance manuals is normally the most important and time-consuming aspect of producing technical documents. With Teamcenter generating accurate content and RapidAuthor for visualization, we dramatically cut our preparation and research time. It has taken 50 percent less time to produce manuals, at a significantly lower cost than previously, and we met our target to provide publications six months before the trains enter operation. We are using the multi-structure manager, content management, and workflow aspects of Teamcenter and they are extremely good at what they do. However, it is the way in which we are using Teamcenter with RapidAuthor that takes our solution to a whole new level.John StrawTechnical publications manager, Siemens Mobility