3 September, 2013
There are two different versions of the software: RapidAuthor and RapidAuthor S.
RapidAuthor S is integrated with Teamcenter and imports JT data; RapidAuthor imports the data originated in various CAD formats (e.g. CATIA, SolidWorks, Autodesk).
UPDATES IN RAPIDAUTHOR S ONLY
TEAMCENTER MANUFACTURING INTEGRATION
- Ability to create work instructions from BOP.
- Ability to update procedures imported from BOP.
- A new RWI_STEP specification component supporting BOP functionality is included into RapidAuthor S.
IMPROVED TEAMCENTER INTEGRATION
- Update process is no longer based on revision rules and can be applied to any product structure change.
- Editing session can be restored in case of lost connection or the software crash.
- While working with Teamcenter the Close Project command closes RapidAuthor without saving the project in Teamcenter.
- Default timeout has been increased to 600 s. This enables the export of large projects over slow connections.
SOLID EDGE INTEGRATION
- Ability to create projects directly from Solid Edge and link them to the Solid Edge file.
- Ability to launch RapidAuthor S directly from Solid Edge.
- Ability to update DPL imported from Teamcenter.
UPDATES IN RAPIDAUTHOR ONLY
IMPROVED CAD IMPORT
- New formats:
- Rhino v.4, v.5
- Siemens PLM NX v.8.5
- SolidWorks 2013
- ACIS up to v.23
- Autodesk Inventor 2014
- CATIA V5-6R2013
- Ability to import hidden parts.
UPDATES IN RAPIDAUTHOR AND RAPIDAUTHOR S
IMPROVED 2D IMAGE UPDATE
- Ability to update edited graphics. Previous geometry is saved in invisible layers.
- Updated callouts are marked with a different color.
- Ability to adjust the update settings for geometry and callouts.
- Ability to update a particular 2D image.
- Ability to specify the size of created 2D images.
- The 2D image settings can be changed directly from the 2D Preview window.
IMPROVED COMPOSITE PRINTING
- Support for composite printing in Firefox and Chrome for specification components included in RapidAuthor.
- Improved quality of CGM images in composite printing.
IMPROVED S1000D SUPPORT
- S1000D support has been improved in all RapidAuthor S1000D specification components. A correct data module name is generated from the corresponding document elements.
- The Document Editor supports the table creation and editing in S1000D 2.3 or 4.0 documents.
CORTONA2D EDITOR PRO IMPROVEMENTS
- A new Join Tool is now available. It allows for merging the objects of the same type into one object.
- A new Fill Tool is available. It allows for filling selected closed regions in 2D drawing.
- Keeping the direction while editing the lines and polylines with the SHIFT button pressed.
- Keeping the primitive adding mode with the CTRL button pressed.
- Ability to rotate selection on arbitrary angle.
- The manipulator size has been increased for easier grabbing and better visibility.
- Published documentation can now be viewed in Internet Explorer 10.
- Improved export to 2D PDF.
- Ability to embed textures and other resources into published VRML file.
- Auto-resize for the PanelText object.
- Performance and quality improvement for 2D image generation.