Cortona3D Viewer allows you to view interactive 3D/2D product catalogs, work instructions, maintenance guides and manuals created with Cortona3D RapidAuthor. It is the first viewer to market that offers not only 3D interaction, but full text support and hotspotted 2D. The Viewer can be used for legacy 2D content as well as fully interactive 3D sourced from CAD. Many equipment manufacturers are now providing richer content in their technical documentation and information.
Interactive 3D provides a more intuitive way to communicate complex maintenance or assembly tasks. 3D parts catalogs make it easier to identify and order the correct parts. As a classroom aid or for “just-in-time” training the app provides an effective way to teach mechanical skills. It can even be used as a sales aid to demonstrate new product features and functions.
The Cortona3D Viewer on iOS is the perfect complement to the RapidAuthor tools. Using CAD and Bill of Materials data sourced from Engineering, RapidAuthor allows you to generate the complete technical document including text, 2D and 3D graphics.
If your company does not yet use Cortona3D RapidAuthor you can still install Cortona3D Viewer for IOS and view the sample content. As you will see there is support for both 3D and legacy 2D graphics.
- 3D View – Usual iOS Gestures – Zoom, Pan, etc.
- Multiple exploded views and full Bill of Material hierarchy
- Touch on a Part and see additional information
- Search, Hide/Show Parts
- Detailed Parts List – Part Number, Nomenclature, etc.
- Full 2D CGM viewer
- Play or scrub through animated install or remove sequences
- Text overlay of step by step instructions
- Designed as a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Support for Multi-lingual content
- Library with sample content
- Examples of content used for training Astronauts for the European Space Agency – Automated Transfer Vehicle for the International Space Station
- Support for the Retina Display on the New iPad
The free version of the App includes the sample content only. The purchased version allows you to upload your own content into the Library.
Cortona3D Viewer for iOS contains example material used by astronauts directly from the European Space agency showing the final ingress and water transfer lesson for Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV). The content is used for training in advance of flight and as a job-support aid during procedures on-board the International Space Station.
Any problems uploading your own content? Our iOS content upload instructions will answer all your questions.