This article lists several possible problems when viewing RapidAuthor's publications and suggested solutions to resolve them.
There are two types of publications — with and without the use of browser plugins (Cortona3D Viewer and Cortona2D Viewer).
Viewing problems with plugin publications.
- Your browser may not support plugins. Currently only Internet Explorer 11 supports plugins. Chrome or Firefox browsers do not support plugins any longer. For more details on Chrome please refer to this article. For more details on Firefox please refer to this article.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 11, but the content is not displayed, then the required plugins may not be enabled in the browser’s settings. Please refer this article for help on how to enable plugins.
Viewing problems with plugin-free publications.
- You are trying to view publication file located on a local disk. Publications of this type should normally be located on HTTP(S) server, alternatively, please try RapidAuthor Viewer or check this article ( http://cortona3d.com/en/kb/articles/offline-viewing-rapidauthor ) for work-arounds.
- Connection issues. Clear browser’s cache and check connection to you server.
- Memory issues. When opening a publication you may receive the following message:
This message means that there is not enough memory for 3D Viewer to load the publication. The author needs to increase the amount of memory allocated for 3D viewer in the 3D Viewer Memory publishing option (Tools > Publish Options) and to re-publish the project.
3D Viewer cannot be loaded.
a. Check that the URL specified in the publishing option 3D Viewer URL (Tools > Publish Options) is correct and that 3D Viewer files are located at that URL.
b. The HTTP(S) server containing 3D Viewer components and referenced in publishing option 3D Viewer URL should support CORS (cross-origin resource sharing) which should be properly configured by adding the correct Access-Control-Allow-Origin header in HTTP response to the request of 3D Viewer files to allow access to them from all domains.
- Undefined node type issue
RapidAuthor Viewer opens both VRML files and files from the RapidAuthor publication. It has the same restrictions on showing content as Cortona3D Viewer for iOS (https://www.cortona3d.com/kb/articles/cortona3d-viewer-ios-supported-vrm...).
If none of the suggested solutions resolve your problem, then please contact our support.