What’s New in Cortona3D RapidAuthor 7.2
Release date: 01 July 2014.
There are two different versions of the software: RapidAuthor and RapidAuthor S.
RapidAuthor S is integrated with Teamcenter and imports JT data; RapidAuthor imports the data originated in various CAD formats (e.g. CATIA, SolidWorks, Autodesk).
Updates in RapidAuthor S only
Improved data update
- The update of DPL-tables and other data imported from Teamcenter has been significantly improved.
Updates in RapidAuthor only
Improved CAD import
- Support for NX 9.0, SolidWorks 2014, Parasolid 26, Solid Edge ST6, STEP 242.
- Some bugs have been fixed.
Updates in RapidAuthor S and RapidAuthor
Improved 2D Image support
- More options for callout appearance and improved callout placement algorithm.
- Support for external illustrations in SVG format.
Improved document editor
- Improved support for 64-bit system in XMetaL XMAX.
- The element list in DITA-based specifications now displays the element names, not descriptions.
- Elements are now inserted with obligatory child elements.
Improved support for DPL tables
- A new command allows for increasing and decreasing the indent for selected DPL-rows.
Cortona2D Editor Pro Improvements
- Ability to create a gallery of custom objects and export/import them.
- Documentation published with standard specification components can now be viewed in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
- Support for reference tables in the RapidManual specification components.
Updates in RapidDeveloper
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.