WHAT’S NEW IN CORTONA3D RAPIDAUTHOR – V6.3
Release date: 15 November 2012
Cortona2D Editor Pro
RapidAuthor now contains an advanced 2D editor that introduces a range of time-saving features:
- Visual interface for editing hot spot properties.
- Ability to add layers and editing their properties using a comprehensive context menu.
- Ability of snapping and aligning objects.
- Grouping objects.
- Support for property bundles – allows for defining line, fill, text and marker property sets (bundles), exchanging them between computers, assigning property bundle to object(s), select objects by property bundle.
- A wide range of context commands allowing for quick adding points and segments to various objects, object scaling, saving and replacing raster images, object converting.
- Filters by object type that simplify the object multiple selection.
- Improved CGM support.
- Ability to print images.
Note: Cortona2D Editor Pro is also available as a standalone product.
Improved Data Import
- The list of supported formats now includes Autodesk Inventor 2013, Creo Parametric 2.0.
- Improved import of JT data.
- Document Editor is now working in 64-bit version.
- Numerous bugs have been fixed
The Cortona3D Rapid product family has been expanded with a new tool, RapidDeveloper. This is a complementary product to RapidAuthor which enables RapidAuthor users to customize the data import process and the output format for RapidAuthor projects. RapidDeveloper consists of two products: RapidConfiguration and RapidSpecification.
This tool facilitates the analysis of source CAD data for controlling and customizing the data import settings. RapidConfiguration introduces support for loading sample 3D data, and user-friendly wizards guide you through the process of choosing the required settings. These enable the user to specify and map the data to fit the template also called specification component within RapidAuthor. Specifically the user will be able to customize the following properties:
- Adjust the 3D data structure.
- Choose the measurement units for correct scaling of 3D geometry.
- Set the axes orientation.
- Modify the surface properties.
- Create custom level of details for each part.
- Map the CAD metadata for reuse in the document.
- The metadata used in the specification.
- The document type (e.g. Parts Catalog, Maintenance Procedure, Computer Based Training).
- The format of the document (e.g. column headings, column width, set of available actions).
- The file format of the published output and its appearance.