Release notes for Cortona3D Viewer for iOS
Version 2.2 What's new?
Release date: 04th July 2017
- This update addresses the issue with the infinite “updating library” loop.
Version 2.1 What's new?
Release date: 13th April 2017
- The demo content now contains an interactive model of a car that shows how engine, gear box and chassis work depending on the driver actions.
- Addresses the issue related to the parts list in IPCs published with 64-bit version of Cortona3D RapidCatalog.
Version 2.0. What's new?
Release date: 25th June 2016
- Support for audio playback in procedures.
- Support for orthographic camera.
- Ability to set the rotation center to the selected object.
- Ability to fit selected object into view.
- Predefined views in parts catalogues and procedures.
- Ability to auto-pause the procedure at the end of each step.
- Reworked procedure playback engine.
- More natural camera movement when changing viewpoints in procedures and parts catalogs.
- Support for hyperlinks in HTML table popup view.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 1.5. What's new?
Release date: 18th September 2014
- Multiple selection of parts in IPC with spare parts request via e-mail
- The ability to display and print PDF documents within parts catalogs and procedures
- Support for table layouts and images in procedure text
- Significantly reduced memory footprint when viewing parts catalogs and procedures, which results in better application stability and performance
- Improved UI responsiveness when selecting parts in 3D view in large parts catalogs
- Collections can be added to the library either via "Open in..." from another iOS app (like Mail, Dropbox, Safari) or using iTunes
- iOS 7 compatibility
- Russian localization
- DDS textures support (DXT1 – DXT5, cube maps)
- Upright navigation with angle constraints
- Camera position can be "frozen" when playing simulation
Release date: 30th September 2012
- Procedure text view with hyperlinks to other documents and CGM graphics
- Support for links from IPC to other documents
- Ability to organize content into collections
- Document opening history with the back button
- Improved UI responsiveness for large document loading
- Slide or shake to switch view mode (iPhone version)
- Slide to hide or show side bar (iPad version)
- Automatic fallback to non-antialised rendering mode in low memory conditions
Release date: 06th April 2012
- New demos: two procedures for the Authomatic Transfer Vehicle of the European Space Agency
- Support for Retina Display on the new iPad
Release date: 23rd February 2012
- Hotspots in 2D drawings are synchronized with part list
- Translucent geometry is ignored in 3D view of part catalogs
- Bug fixes
Release date: 12th October 2011
- 3D View – Usual iOS Gestures – Zoom, Pan, etc.
- Multiple exploded views and full Bill of Material hierarchy
- Touch on a Part and see additional information
- Search, Hide/Show Parts
- Detailed Parts List – Part Number, Nomenclature, etc.
- Full 2D CGM viewer
- Play or scrub through animated install or remove sequences
- Text overlay of step by step instructions
- Designed as a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Support for Multi-lingual content
- Library with sample content