News & Events
Cortona3D releases RapidAuthor 6.3
Cortona3D massively expands its Rapid Products family by adding two new products – RapidDeveloper and Cortona2D Editor Pro and releasing the latest version of their leading technical authoring software RapidAuthor 6.3.
RapidDeveloper is a complementary product to Cortona3D’s RapidAuthor tools. It enables RapidAuthor users to customise the data import process and the output format for RapidAuthor projects. RapidDeveloper consists of two products; RapidConfiguration and RapidSpecification. RapidDeveloper gives users the flexibility to customise the look and feel of their documentation through customised templates so called specifications as well as customise and map the CAD metadata for re-use in the document.
The latest release of the RapidAuthor tool provides a major improvement in its 2D editor capabilities with the launch of the advanced Cortona2D Editor Pro. Although included in the RapidAuthor package the Cortona2D Editor Pro is available as a standalone product as well. This editor enables users to easily manipulate and create 2D images and comes with a range of time-saving features such as:
- Visual interface for editing hotspot properties.
- Comprehensive context menu to add layers and edit their properties.
- Snap objects to a grid to align them.
- Grouping objects.
- Property bundles enable you to define line, shape, text and marker property sets (bundles), assign property bundle to object(s), select objects by property bundle, and to exchange property bundles between computers.
- A wide range of context commands for quick adding points and segments to various objects, object scaling, saving and replacing raster images, object converting.
- Filters by object type that simplify the object multiple selection.
- Improved CGM support.
- Printing images.
Other new features in RapidAuthor 6.3 include:
- Document Editor now supports 64-bit version
- Improved data import – new supported CAD formats include Autodesk Inventor 2013, Creo Parametric 2.0
Cortona3D software gives manufacturers the ability to provide more efficient and effective technical documentation – parts catalogs, technical manuals, operating procedures, assembly instructions and training materials. Rapid Tools are proven in use on projects run by Boeing, GE, Airbus as well as small to medium sized companies globally.