News & Events
Cortona3D releases RapidAuthor 6.2
Cortona3D releases a new version of its leading authoring suite for creating technical publications. RapidAuthor v 6.2 will support the import and manipulation of Product and Manufacturing Information metadata both on the part level and assembly level. Companies are increasingly replacing Engineering Drawings with 3D Model Based Design. This means that companies can now deliver interactive 3D work instructions to the factory floor with all the necessary manufacturing information available to the user.
- Expanded integration with Teamcenter; RapidAuthor can now import the BOP (Bill of Process) from Teamcenter MPP (Manufacturing Process Planner)
- Automated update; technical publications can easily be updated with a new update wizard to reflect the engineering changes with the minimal amount of effort.
- Improved 2D illustration auto generation from 3D.
- Simplified XML authoring; the menu and toolbar of XML editor can be now customized using XML and script Macros
- Expanded support for DITA standard
- Improved DPL authoring.
Cortona3D software gives manufacturers the ability to provide more efficient and effective technical documentation – parts catalogs, technical manuals, operating procedures, assembly instructions and training materials. Rapid tools are proven in use on projects run by Boeing, GE, Airbus as well as small to medium sized companies globally.