2D ILLUSTRATION EDITOR
RapidAuthor v 6.1 includes a new integrated editor for 2D graphics and illustrations. This will enable authors and illustrators to edit legacy graphics or manually edit 2D graphics auto-generated in RapidAuthor. This further extends the RapidAuthor vision as a single comprehensive tool for all your authoring and graphical needs.
Cortona 2D Editor functionality includes:
- Native CGM application
- View, edit, montage, hotspot, print
- Load/save file
- Object Types: lines, Bezier lines, polylines, arcs, ellipses, arrows, polygons, images hotspots, text
- Select/move/rotate/flip/delete object
- Import JPEG, TIFF, PNG, Bitmap, GIF
- Export to SVG, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF
- Specify drawing area
- Line: style, thickness, color
- Text: style, font, size, boxed
- Fills: solid, hatch and pattern
- Multiple layers
- Support for inclusion of figures and images
- Fit full picture or selection
- Combine multiple graphics on one drawing area/page
Benefit: Overall performance improvements in 2D illustration generation, viewing and updating.
IMPROVED 2D ILLUSTRATION AUTOGENERATION FROM 3D
- Callout generation and Hotspot support in RapidManual and RapidLearning
- Support for gallery objects like Hose and Spring. Now they are visible in 2D
- Ability to export generated 2D images in SVG/JPG/PNG formats
Benefit: These improvements provide additional efficiencies over traditional manual illustration processes.
- 64-bit support for RapidDataConverter and RapidGenerator
- 64-bit support for RapidCatalog
- 64-bit support for RapidManual and RapidLearning
PLEASE NOTE: The Embedded Document Editor does not yet support 64-bit – this functionality will be available in a future release. Hence if you use specifications requiring the Embedded Document Editor it is recommended to use the 32-bit version of RapidAuthor.
The 64-bit version of RapidAuthor can access RAM beyond the 2GB limit of the 32-bit version. This enables RapidAuthor to improve performance by processing large assemblies in RAM, instead of swapping out to the hard disk. When running in 64-bit mode, RapidAuthor can access all available RAM that is installed on your computer.
Benefit: Better overall performance especially when working with large assemblies.
ADDITIONAL MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT
- Support for multi-language metadata maps in CAD specific RapidDataImportTool plug-ins
Benefit: RapidAuthor already has extensive multi-language support. This functionality further expands that support.
- Separate publish option for publishing to mobile devices including Cortona3D Viewer for iOS
- Content compatibility with additional browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
- PDF publish for DITA specification
- PDF publish for GENERIC_PRC and IPC specification
- Batch republish tool for RapidManual/RapidLearning projects
Benefit: Increasing options for publishing including batch publishing.
EXTENDED OBJECT GALLERY
- Spline Hose
- PanelHTML replaced by PanelText with improved rich text editor.
Benefit: Better options for dealing with complex items like wiring bundles.
IMPROVEMENTS IN LICENSE ADMINISTRATOR
- Ability to generate license for multiple Host IDs.
- Show network adapter description for each MAC address
- Support for different formats of MAC address
- Support for proxy with authorization during automatic license activation
- Improved mechanism for license activation and transfer
Benefit: More control for IT departments on method of deployment.