RapidIllustrator is a tool in the Cortona3D RapidAuthor suite tailored to the creation of 2D illustrations from 3D geometry for parts catalogs, procedures and other types of after-sales documentation.
RapidIllustrator allows for importing 3D models in various CAD formats including CATIA, NX, JT, SolidEdge, etc. While importing data, 3D models are optimized and a set of representations with various surface quality is created.
Editing 3D models
With RapidIllustrator the user can easily and quickly edit 3D models before generating 2D images:
- Create exploded views
- Create section planes
- Edit materials
- Trim items
- Edit item transparency
- Add parametric objects such as hose, spring, callout, etc. from expandable object gallery.
Generation of 2D illustrations
- Generate 2D illustration from 3D model by a mouse click.
- Generate callouts automatically.
- Supported formats: CGM, SVG, JPG, and PNG.
Update of 2D illustrations
- Ability for semi-automatic update of 2D images when initial CAD-data are updated.
- RapidIllustrator is supplied along with specification component of a special type - Generic Illustrations. Custom specifications with custom styles and custom sets of output data can be created on demand.
- Ability to create plugin-free HTML-publications for viewing created 3D/2D illustrations.
- Ability to create PDF publications.