Cortona3D Viewer for Java is a programming interface for the creation of a cross-platform 3D viewer for Java-supporting operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
Cortona3D Viewer for Java is designed for viewing 3D data in VRML97 format including 3D content created with Cortona3D RapidAuthor. Cortona3D Viewer for Java provides an API that allows for controlling the viewer from Java applications and changing the setting of 3D window.
Cortona3D Viewer for Java can be used as a part of Java application.
The Cortona3D Viewer for Java package includes:
- API reference. This document describes the properties, methods, events and related objects of Cortona3D Viewer for Java.
- Cortona3D Viewer Library for Java.
- Example of using Cortona3D Viewer for Java in a Java application.
- Demo viewer application for Windows and Linux platform.
- JOGL class libraries.
- VRML content developed with RapidAuthor prior to version 6.1 is supported only if published with the ‘Strict VRML97’ option.
- Slow implementation of the Text node.
- AudioClip, MovieTexture and Sound VRML nodes are not implemented.
The license grants the developer the right to create applications using the API and distribute Cortona3D Viewer Library for Java along with created applications. If you are interested in other types of use or would like to get more detailed information regarding the licensing terms of Cortona3D Viewer for Java please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The evaluation version is available for Windows and Linux platform. It contains:
- Demo version of the developer manual.
- Demo viewer application.
- JOGL libraries.
- Hardware: 2.5 GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 3D accelerated graphics.
- An operating system that supports the following applications:
- Java SE 6 update 26 or later version, and
- JOGL rendering library 1.1.1.
Cortona3D Viewer for Java has been tested on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits)
- Microsoft Windows XP
- OpenSUSE 11.4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6
- Ubuntu 11
- Oracle Solaris 11 Express
Technical support for tested operating systems is provided within standard Cortona3D maintenance and support program. Technical support for other systems can be provided separately, you can clarify its terms and conditions by contacting us at email@example.com